West Virginia

You call the Vital Statistics Office is Charleston and ask for a Birth Certificate Worksheet. Tell them you aren’t having a midwife attended birth. They will mail you out the packet of paperwork. You need proof of pregnancy but that can be a letter from your spiritual leader or from a doctor etc. You just fill it in and send it back. Babies born in WV that are WV residents that don’t complete the PKU have been reported to CPS and a social worker will follow up to verify why and the risks etc. This just started within the last two years.